Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Calaos System
Hi,
I have several question regarding the Calaos system. I ask here because some of the wiki are in french. I will be happy to add more information to your wiki page.

1. Please correct me or tell me if it is right what I write. So the Calaos OS is the operating system based on Linux (which linux? debian? redhat? bsd?) right and the application is already in it right?

2. The Calaos Server (core application) is the application that I can download and put in my linux server or other server? Is this correct?

3. If in my house now all wire are already wired up. Can the system work? Because from what I see in your picture it looks like must be for a new build house that can install your system. Unlike the cable system, X10 or Zigbee or Zwave It work through radio frequency and make the owner of the house no need to change or add any more cables. In this way, I guess your prospect user will be lot more because not too many people want to get their hand dirty taking care of the cable or wire. If everything is wireless it will be more attractive to the potential user.

4. I plan to work like this first step, I will try to install Zigbee receiver for one of my wall switch for light. Can the OS send signal to the transmitter to tell the transmitter on and off?

I hope someone can help me
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Understanding Calaos System - by dsc81 - 07-16-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: Understanding Calaos System - by captainigloo - 07-16-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Understanding Calaos System - by dsc81 - 07-16-2015, 07:12 PM